Email marketing is a powerful and effective way to grow your business. However, you might not know much about email marketing, how to do it or how it can benefit your business and that’s why I’am putting all the information you could possibly need to know about email marketing right here.
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing can be incredibly useful for any business. Email marketing can give small businesses the chance to be just as successful as the larger ones and scale to an incredible level in a shorter period of time. It could even be the aspect of your business that is needed to save your small business from failing.
- 80% of content marketers use email marketing.
- 55% of companies generate more than 10 percent of sales from Email.
- 42% of businesses say email is one of their most effective lead generation channels.
- 88% of marketers say email marketing is bringing them a positive ROI.
What are the components of an effective email?
- Subject Line: The most important factor for users to open an email
- 41-50 characters are the most popular among marketers
- 61-70 characters deliver the highest read rates
- Testing Different Subject Lines
- Preview Text
- Sender Name:
- Often, businesses use the company name, brand name, product name, name of a person.
- The first email lacks any information about the brand name. The email gives little encouragement to users to open it.
- Images Within:
- Number of Images
- Using Alt Tags
- Using Different File Formats for images
- Email Copy:
- Write Scannable Copy
- Use Headlines
- Avoid Spammy Words
- Clearly State The Benefits
- Call to Action
- Minimize Number of CTAs
- Make the CTA Visible
How To Personalize your emails?
Personalization is the most important practice of all your email marketing efforts, ask yourself some questions before sending an email:
- Which segment I will send this email to?
- What to send to people who opened specific messages?
- Why send based on who clicked certain links?
- What to send to subscribers who haven’t responded to ANY recent message?
- What to give people who provided contact preferences at sign Up?
What are the available tools that I can use to start my email marketing campaigns?
What are the metrics to focus on in any email marketing campaign?
- Open Rate: How many emails are opened to all delivered emails.
- Click-Through Rate: How many clicks to CTA from total delivered emails.
- Conversion Rate: How many Conversions are completed on the website after clicking links in the email.
- Bounce Rate: How many emails are not delivered either because of hard or soft bounce.
- Churn Rate: How many complaints or unsubscribers.
- Abuse Rate: How many reporting our email as spam.
Now, It is Your Turn, Start Launching Your Email Campaigns
Email marketing is a powerful and effective way to grow your business. However, you might not know much about email marketing, how to do it or how it can benefit your business and that’s why we’re putting all the information you could need to know about email marketing right here.